Thursday, November 22, 2007

10 Million Copywriting Tips

Want some quick copywriting tips? Just Google the word "copywriting." And in a fraction of a second you have 10.6 million instant recommendations on how you can best write that single piece of brochure or web advertising copy.

I'm not kidding. Try it.

(Told you so.)

Now while you're trying to comprehend the enormity of the information that's suddenly staring you, why not add this blog. That's 10,600,001 tips.

It's a blessing and a curse, actually.

And it's the same reason I've been postponing the publication of this blog.
The thought of it not being perfect, at least from where I'm typing, kept hounding me. Until now.

"Enough!" I said to myself. "You're not going to make it perfect. No blog's perfect. Or any website for that matter. Just do it."

"And be honest while you're at it."

"Make it personal."

"Talk about the interest and problems of your readers, not yours."

"Make it simple."

"And short."

Well, guess what. I followed my advice that's why you're reading this. Now back to the subject of copywriting. Just follow the advice I gave to myself and you'll also be on your way.

Simple, isn't it. Okay, I know it's not. Because the landscape of communicating with one another has radically changed. But that's another topic.








No comments: